Michael E. Wetzel, AIA, NCARB Principal Architect, Richardson Wetzel Architects LLC
1999 - Masters of Architecture, University of Nevada - Las Vegas
1993 - Bachelor of Science in Architecture, University of Nevada - Las Vegas
State of Nevada, No: 4844
State of Utah, No: 6344529
State of New York, No: 031852
State of Arizona, No: 50300
State of Georgia, No: RA014008
State of Missouri, No: A-2014030721
AIA, American Institute of Architects
NCARB, National Council of Architectural Registration Boards
2003-2004 Third Year Interior Design Studio, University of Nevada - Las Vegas
2001-2002 Second Year Interior Design Studio, University of Nevada - Las Vegas
1989-1990 Technical Sketching, Community College of Southern Nevada
Summerlin Medical Building II
Centennial Hills MOB
Shadow Lane MOB
Goldring Medical Plaza
Desert Springs Medical Plaza
Desert View Medical Center
Tech Center Dialysis
Retail and Hospitality:
Primm Center Truck Stop
Poly Esther’s Night Club
Race & Sports Book Bar
Commercial and Office:
Horizon Ridge Office Suites
Dakem Office Expansion
Nevada State Bank
Mike has provided professional architectural and design services for all types of award winning industrial and commercial facilities ranging in construction cost from a few thousand to over $12 million. In the past 20 years of service, Mike’s diverse experience has included institutional, public, and private work totaling over $900 million in construction costs. Known for high quality design, project management, construction contract administration and scheduling skills, Mike has completed numerous renovation and new construction projects for repeat clients.
He is responsible for developing a thorough understanding of needs and expectations to complete project design documents. Additionally, Mike implements process goals and controls to ensure expectations and requirements will be met and he monitors processes to ensure success. He believes that improving processes to ensure exemplary service are necessary and operates a positive feedback process for quality delivery of architectural services.
The following projects showcase Mike’s design and management talent:
- Terrible Herbst Travel Center in Jean, NV: a 50,000 s.f. retail center on a 9.1 acre master plan.
- Nevada State Bank (multiple locations throughout Las Vegas Valley, NV: a 8,000 s.f. bank institution building on an average 2 acre parcel.
- Sundance Helicopters Passenger Terminal & Operations facility at McCarran International Airport, Las Vegas, NV: a 13,000 s.f. remodel in a portion of an existing aircraft hangar and office building.
- Desert View Regional Medical Center Master Plan in Pahrump, NV: a 35,000 s.f. medical office building in a 3.26 acre campus master plan.
- Peter Lik Fine Art Photography Headquarters in Las Vegas, NV: a 30,000 s.f. facility to provide photo developing, framing services, shipping and storage.
DeLuca Liquor Warehouse in North Las Vegas, NV: a 157,000 s.f. concrete tilt-up expansion for distribution and corporate and sales offices, meeting rooms, a high-bay warehouse for conveying systems and refrigerated storage.